Launch of SHARE’s 48th Fast & Fundraising Campaign for Cork’s older people
Where: The SHARE Crib, Daunt’s Square, (near Grand Parade), Cork
When: This Thursday the 14th of December at 6:00 pm.
- Lord Mayor Cllr. Tony Fitzgerald – officially turns on the lights of the crib to launch the campaign.
- Lady Mayoress Georgina Fitzgerald
- Bishop John Buckley – blessing of the crib
- Reverend Robert Ferris – blessing of the crib
- The 52 Members of the SHARE Student Executive including:
- Ben Corcoran, Chairperson of the SHARE Student Executive
- Christopher Murphy, Deputy Chairperson of the SHARE Student Executive
- Chief Motivators of the SHARE Student Executive: Sophia Cregan and Alexandria O’Donnell
- The Army Band of the First Southern Brigade, under the baton of Captain Brian Prendergast, playing a selection of traditional Christmas carols to mark the occasion. Playing from 5.30pm.
- Children for photo opps: Sisters Ellie (age 12) and Niamh Walsh (age 10) from Killeens and Áine O’Donovan (age 8) from Coolowen
- The General Public
SHARE (Students Harness Aid for the Relief of the Elderly), the organisation that cares for Cork’s older people in 146 secure housing units around Cork, will launch its annual 48th Fast & Fundraising campaign at the SHARE Crib, Daunt’s Square, Cork, (near Grand Parade) on this Thursday 14th December 2017 at 6pm.
The following day, almost 1,800 fourth and fifth-year students from 21 of Cork’s secondary schools will take to the streets to begin fundraising on behalf of SHARE. The campaign continues right up until Christmas Eve in the city centre, as all involved aim in to raise much-needed funds to ensure the continuation of SHARE’s integral work. Donations can also be made at the SHARE cribs in Cork’s main shopping centres or at the Brother Jerome Kelly Day Care Centre on Sheare’s Street, Cork.
For further information, please contact:
Judy Hopkins or Carrie McKeown of Hopkins Communications
Tel: 021 500 5994 / Judy – 086 3120752 / Carrie – 083 1809629