Cork International Choral Festival has Opened
The Cork International Choral Festival opened this Wednesday with a Gala Concert in Cork City Hall – Verdi’s Requiem.
Please find information below on this event and a synopsis of other events taking place throughout the week.
– An international Choir in Cork for the event
– Conductor and compose Gemma Sugrue who is leading this year’s Big Sing at Cork City Hall on Saturday. This big and bright participatory singing event ensures everyone gets the opportunity to sing in the festival.
– The Grammy Award winning acapella group The Swingles who are performing at one of the Gala concerts on Thursday night, one of the biggest highlights of the week. They are also giving an acapella workshop on Thursday.
– Cara O’Sullivan (soprano), Raphaela Mangan (mezzo soprano), Owen Gilhooly (tenor) or John Molloy (bass) from the Cork Fleischmann Symphony Orchestra, one of the gala concerts.
– Secondary school kids performing in the Post-Primary Equal Voice Competition, Cork City Hall – The Festival’s National Schools Competitions is a platform for schools’ choirs from all over the country to compete in Ireland’s foremost choral festival.
– Chamber Choir Ireland, who are performing at one of the Gala Concerts.
– New Dublin Voices, an internationally acclaimed award-winning chamber choir